Beta channel of insider has obtained yet another update carrying 3 new features and a known issue. Windows 11 Build 22622.450 and 22621.450 are the releases in 2 groups one having turned off new features and another having enabled the same. KB5016700 is the Cumulative update that brings the rollup.
These updates have handful of bug fixes and improvements so consider installing them quickly. Full name of this beta build is Cumulative update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22622.450 (KB5016700).
Windows 11 22622.450 & 22621.450 KB5016700 changes, bug fixes, and known issues
Here is the changelog –
- This rollout has a feature that enhanced Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept advanced attacks and ransomware. (New).
- The new version compressed a file irrespective of its size if you have configured SMB aka Server Message Block Compression. (New).
- One more new feature is improvements in storage replication that occurs over low bandwidth or congested WAN.
- The experts in the team fixed the tablet mode feature that was being displayed for some devices that do not have touch screens.
- Also, Windows 11 Build 22622.450 and 22621.450 fixed blank sections that appear in some applications’ Window in the Task View preview.
- Also, the rollout fixed an issue that occurs for some of you when you copy files from network drives. 0x80070026 is the error code.
- They fixed a token leak issue that occurs in the LsapGetClientInfoEx
- Furthermore, they fixed exe using a high amount of the CPU.
- Microsoft Edge stopped responding using IE mode; this problem is solved. This issue also doesn’t allow you to interact with a dialog.
- Photos app crash is occurring in recent Beta Channel updates for which you will get an update via the Store.
- The experts are investigating reports that SQL Server Management Studio is failing to launch for some Insiders.
- A new known issue is in this build. They are analyzing reports of audio stopped working for some Insiders after upgrading to version 22622.440.
- A prevailing issue is, the left-half of the File Explorer title bar that may not be draggable through mouse or touch.
- Finally, up arrow is misaligned in the File Explorer tabs; this will be fixed through an upcoming update.
Download KB5016700 Windows 11 Build 22622.450, 22621.450 from the official download page when ready.
Source – Windows blog.