Since the delivery of Windows 11 22H2, there were numerous complaints about installation issue and error code 0x800f0806. To fix this problem Microsoft comes out with an out-of-band update KB5019311. This is a non-security patch dated 27.09.2022 that changes the OS version to Windows 11 22621.525. The knowledge base note says that the update “Addresses localization issues for some setup files. These issues might stop you from creating installation media for non-English languages.”
Full name of this release is – 2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for X64-based System (KB5019311). Let’s see the details of this optional update –
Windows 11 22621.525 KB5019311 changes and bug fixes
Here is the changelog –
Improvements and changes –
- Addresses localization issues for some setup files. These issues might stop you from creating installation media for non-English languages.
How to download KB5019311 on Windows 11 and install
Before starting to receive this OOB aka Out-of-band update, make sure that Servicing Stack Update or SSU 22621.378 is installed on your system. Now follow any of the methods –
Way-1: Using Auto Windows update
- Click on Search.
- Type updates.
- Hit Enter.
- From the Settings app, click on – Check for updates.
- The Out of band release will be downloaded in a while depending on the internet speed. Once the downloading is completed you will come across a dialog to reboot the machine. Select Restart now.
Way-2: Through Microsoft update catalog
- Click the KB5019311 download link.
- On the Microsoft update catalog, find the file supporting your computer.
- Click on Download.
- A page will pop up; click on the solitary link existing there.
- Double-click on the standalone file.
- Click on the confirmation prompt.
- Finally, the computer will restart a couple of times and the update would be installed. Now you can upgrade to the Windows 11 version to enjoy new features.
Source – Release note.