An official CM 10.1 Custom ROM has been presented for LG Optimus Black device. This CM10.1 is designed on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. User can install the latest Android OS on LG Optimus Black.
- In order to know your device model number go to settings and tap on the About Phone.
- At first, make sure that you have taken backup of every important data like SMS, call log, contacts, media files, Settings on another storage device.
- Your LG Optimus Black device should charge with minimum 80% battery power before starting the installation procedure.
- Install USB driver of LG Optimus Black device on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging feature on your LG Optimus Black device for transferring the file amid the computer and the mobile phone.
- Download CM10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For LG Optimus Black
- Download gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip
- Start USB connection between the LG Optimus Black mobile and the desktop. Make sure that both downloaded files are available on your computer. Switch off your LG Optimus Black mobile.
- Next, boot into ClockworkMod recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons. You will get the screen of ClockworkMod recovery quickly. Use Volume keys to look through options in the recovery screen while Power button to select an option.
- Now, do data cleaning task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset and select Yes for confirming your action. It will take few minutes to finish wiping process.
- Now return to ClockworkMod recovery screen. Select CM10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM zip file on your computer by pressing Power button.
- Then select the Confirm option on the next screen.
- Next ROM installation will start. As soon as the ROM installation process finishes, search for gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip file in place of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- While installation is finished, return to the main recovery screen and select reboot option. The booting process will take some minutes.
Thus, Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware supported custom ROM CM10.1 is now installed and working on your LG Optimus Black mobile.
This guide is only for LG Optimus Black. Don’t attempt these tips in any further Android device. We are not answerable for any type of damage during the procedure. Try this at your own risk.