For devices that come with Windows 11 N pre-installed, there is basically no media facility that would be enabled automatically. To run a Windows media player, movies, or associated apps, you would basically need to install a feature pack. This is pretty much similar to the way it worked on Windows 10.
It is quite easy to install the Media Feature Pack for Windows 11. You can access the same through settings. In the later sections of this article, we discuss the steps to install the Media Feature Pack. These files will support Windows 10 Enterprise N Eval, Windows 10 Home N, Windows 10 Education N, Windows 10 Pro N, Windows 10 Enterprise N.
Media Feature Pack for Windows 11 Pro N, Home N, and more
Here is how you can install Media Feature Pack –
- Press – Windows + I keys together.
- When Settings open, navigate to – Apps.
- Click – “Optional features“.
- Find and click on – View features.
- You will see the Media Feature Pack listed in a new pop-up window. Use the Search function to find your need.
- Check the box and click – Next.
- Select – Install.
Furthermore, install Media codecs for playback of media in apps and in the browser from the following direct download links:
If you choose to get the same from some third-party sites, we would very much recommend that you be wary of the source. There is a high risk associated with third-party feature-pack downloads.
Here is a list of all the major functionalities offered by the Media Feature Pack for Windows 11 N:
- Ability to play the Windows Media DRM content.
- Capability to share music, pictures, and videos on a network computer.
- Play media that have WMA, AAC, FLAC, MPEG, ALAC, AMR, and Dolby Digital audio codecs.
- The support for VC-1, MPEG-4, and H.264, H.265, and H. 263 video codecs.
- Windows Media Player and the features and functions related to or required by it.
- Use of Groove Music, the voice recorder, Skype.
- Windows Media Format ASF (Advanced Systems Format) file container inclusion.
- Notifications and functions related to Clock app, Windows Hello, and some Xbox features.
- Webcam functionality and more.