Windows 11 is among the public now and plenty of people have installed the new version. In the meantime, the administrative templates installer for this edition is available to download. The official name of the file is ADMX Templates for Windows 11 October 2021 Update [21H2].
This file contains a collection of policies based on registry and can be loaded through gpedit.msc. The admx is pertinent for administrators and users rather who play with Group policy parameters. The settings allow changing the policies to have control over the computer with more proficiency. They have the ability to change function presets, enable or disable using the policies with the files in Windows 11.
Download admx for Windows 11 Administrative templates
Here is how to download Administrative templates admx for Windows 11 and install –
- Go to the official download page of the template.
- Click – Download.
- Once downloading is over, double click on – Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 11 October 2021 Update.msi.
- The installation wizard will appear; click on Next.
- Check the box saying – I accept the terms in the license agreement and select – “Next”.
- By default, the location of the file will live in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Group Policy\Windows 11 October 2021 Update (21H2)\PolicyDefinitions, but you can browse and change in the coming wizard. Once done, click on Next.
- Choose Install and select Yes on the User account control prompt.
- A little time later, the .admx template installation will end. Click on Finish.
The Administrative templates admx for Windows 11 files are available in multiple languages but News and Interest ADMX is currently in English only. Once the file in other languages is ready it will be republished.
Group Policy tools employ .admx Administrative template files to populate policy settings in the user interface. This allows administrators to have control over registry-based policy settings.