PowerToys 0.19.0 is available to download with a number of important changes. The current version includes bug fixes for over 100 issues across all of the utilities. This tool has got improved installer experience and parts will start coming online in 0.19 and 0.20. PowerToys 0.20 will include much smoother .NET Core install experience.
You are able to download PowerToys running edition from the developer Github webpage. Downloadable MSI installer, source code, etc are easily available to install the tool. See the changelog ahead –
PowerToys 0.19.0 changelog
Known issues still for PT Run
- Newly installed apps can’t be found.
- We have a fix but came in too late for 0.19
- CPU / Memory, still investigating.
- They fixed one item and have impact on other improvements.
- WinKey re-mapping for PT Run can be quirky.
PowerToys Run improvements
- The tool will use low level hooks in order to remap Alt+Space shortcut to a WinKey based shortcut.
- PWAs correctly recognized.
- Dev mode apps can’t be found.
- Duplicate results due to roaming profile data.
- Steam games not found.
- Hidden files not in results.
- Theming improvements.
- Missing icons.
- Suppress Alt-F4.
- Network paths don’t work.
- Search environment path by default.
- Search desktop by default.
- Can’t find Terminal.
- Can’t find ClickOnce apps.
- Start typing text is apparent then disappears on cold start.
- Tabbing highlight issue for context menu.
- Context menu buttons showing up when hovering with mouse.
- Placement shutters with monitors.
- Empty result box shows up when there is nothing on the search query.
- Result box sizing issue.
- Detect when pattern matching is used.
PowerToys 0.19.0 FancyZones
- Outlook new email window snapped to the previously used zone.
- Teams notifications don’t snap.
- Improved multi-thread design.
- Multiple Virtual Desktop Fixes.
Keyboard manager changes
- Key remappings remain in active mode when flipping to the Japanese IME.
- Tab fix when remap Ctrl/Alt.
- Solved the issue regarding remapping to alt-tab/win+space style shortcuts of the tool.
- Solved remapping to Extended keys such as Home, End, Ins, Del, Pg, Arrow keys.
- Games having incorrect key mapping.
- Fixed the issue of numlock remapping.
PowerToys 0.19.0 Stability fixes
- Settings v2 is blanked.
- Check for update, in fact, actually checks for update vs goes to GH page.
- Docs point to redirection URL now so we can update without updating app.
- Multiple UX improvements.
- Start at login not being respected.
- At this time using low level hooks in order to remap Alt+Space to a WinKey based keyboard shortcut.
- Warning included for invalid input in shortcuts for FZ Settings.
- Can uninstall via control panel.
- After PowerToy 0.19.0, Windows Explorer won’t restart.
- Multiple build system improvements to reduce conflicts.
Source – Github.