Microsoft Edge Developer channel has received a new build 79.0.308.1 with significant improvements and features. Limelight of this update is you are able to sync open tabs between devices. To experience the tabs from your other devices, go to the History section of the 3 dots menu. Furthermore, users with work or school accounts can now synchronize their data to Mac devices.
In order to get Microsoft Edge Dev 79.0.308.1 your browser, go to Settings and more (…) > Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Edge Dev 79.0.308.1 Features and Changes
- Added initial annotation features to PDFs.
- The browser includes support for using a stylus or pen to change size and move windows.
- Makes the browser sign-in experience better and added new profile icons.
- In this update the channel added an error dialog for when Edge is in a state where it can’t be signed into (for instance, when running as an Administrator).
- The browser will now add a link to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard under Settings.
- InPrivate or Guest window will show a tooltip that when hovering over the Taskbar icon.
- The new build will allow to edit the name of items in Collection.
- You will find more links to documentation under the F12 Dev Tools.
- The browser will show additional icons to some places such as context menus.
Improved reliability –
- In the current update, Edge developers Fixed a crash when signing into the browser.
- They also solved printing a PDF crashes the tab.
- Microsoft Edge Dev 79.0.308.1 Solved navigating within an IE tab sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Settled a bug that causes hang when using IE mode tabs.
- The insider browser update resolved clicking on the prompt to restart Edge to apply an update causes a hang on Mac.
- Solved an issue where Edge would randomly crash.
- Edge Dev 79.0.308.1 fixed Application Guard windows that fails to open with no indication as to why.
- Solved Application Guard windows that fail to navigate to websites.
- The build Fixed a crash that occurs when using Application Guard.
- Edge developer resolved checking for updates ends up with the error – We couldn’t create that component (error code 3: 0x80080005 — system level).
- Solved users fail to click on certain browser UI while the print dialog is open.
- The update fixed logging into the browser is not possible problem because the Sign In button isn’t functional.
- Fixed sync doesn’t work, and you unexpectedly had to sign in again in order to restore sync.
- Solved an issue where syncing doesn’t work after you sign int and try to customize which types of data to sync.
- Fixed protected video such as on Netflix that doesn’t work on ARM devices.
Changed behavior –
- Microsoft Edge Dev 79.0.308.1 insider channel removed the Block autoplay media blocking option temporarily. This is because certain websites were not being blocked properly. However you are still able to re-enable it with a flag.
- Furthermore the build discarded the UI for sync options that haven’t been implemented yet. This will stop appearing constantly disabled.
- The update has settled down Edge icons on the Taskbar, Desktop, Task Manager, etc. that are incorrect or missing.
- Solved video playback on some sites like Xfinity would appear scrambled. Important to know that there is still an active bug with similar behavior.
- The build fixed you cannot add a new folder to Favorites from the Favorites management page since Save button is disabled.
- Fixed Flash fails to work on some web pages in Application Guard windows.
- Fixed feedback screenshots color is all black.
- Microsoft Edge Dev 79.0.308.1 solved importing settings from Chrome causes webpage text to be smaller than normal.
- The build resolved Reading View that doesn’t correctly support right-to-left languages.
- The update fixed zooming that fails to work in Reading View on Mac.
- Fixed some buttons that was appearing circular on hovering over rather than rectangular/square.
- Solved tooltips that don’t draw their entire border properly at certain times.
- Settled the browser with an account that has no picture doesn’t properly set the profile picture to the default avatar. The issue occurs when a profile picture was previously set for the profile.
- The build fixed copy/paste doesn’t work in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where adding the current webpage to a Collection fails.
- Fixed an issue where the Tab key has unexpected behavior in certain areas of a Collection.
- Solved an issue where Collections exported to Word have extra artifacts added to the documents.
- Fixed reordering items in Collections using the keyboard that doesn’t work accurately.
- The current version of Edge dev fixed downloads blocked by SmartScreen that don’t show the button to delete them direct from the Downloads shelf.
- Edge insider developer solved changing which content is shown on the new tab page sometimes leads to the wrong favicon to be shown on the tab.
- Solved – Your organization has turned off sync – messages that appear when they shouldn’t be.
- Resolved the number of InPrivate windows presently open isn’t shown next to the InPrivate indicator in the toolbar.
- Microsoft Edge Dev 79.0.308.1 fixed the arrow keys that sometimes don’t work in PDF documents.
- The channel solved the import of search engine from the Edge that doesn’t set as the default.
- Fixed an issue where the feedback dialog window control buttons appear to be blurry.
- The current channel edition resolved Windows Firewall prompts that appear inside Application Guard windows.
- Fixed user’s name that has Profile 1 added to it when signed into the browser.
- Also, solved the first run experience that greets users as Profile 1 and not their name.
- Fixed an issue where the first run experience sometimes appears on top of web page content instead of on a new tab.
- Microsoft Edge Dev 79.0.308.1 fixed 12 Dev Tools on Mac sometimes doesn’t use the proper theme.
- The version solved F12 Dev Tools feedback smiley face that doesn’t render properly in light theme.
- And at last, the update came with a fix for two Initiator tabs that are visible in the F12 Dev Tools Network pane.
- As always, we appreciate all the feedback and suggestions you send us. Thanks for using Edge!
Download links –
1] Microsoft Edge Beta
2] Microsoft Edge Dev
3] Microsoft Edge Canary
Source – Techcommunity Microsoft.