Microsoft has delivered Patch Tuesday LCU for all the versions of Windows 10 for October 2020. KB4577668 is available for Windows 10 v1809 that includes improvements for DDE stops responding, the elevation of privilege in win32k, deletion of critical files, and more. This patch increases the version number to 17763.1518.
The patch is automatically downloadable through Windows update. For more updates, you can see – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List.
KB4577668 Windows 10 OS Build 17763.1518 update
Here is KB4577668 changelog –
- The build increases security when using MS Office products.
- Brings updates for authenticating usernames and passwords.
- Enhances security when Windows performs necessary operations.
- Updates for managing including storing files.
Improvements and fixes
- KB4577668 Windows 10 1809 addresses a probable elevation of privilege in win32k.
- The patch addresses the apps that use Dynamic Data Exchange to stop responding when you try to close the app.
- This rollout addresses Group Policy service that might recursively delete critical files in alphabetical order from %systemroot%\system32. The problem takes place when a policy has been configured to delete cached profiles. These deletions might prompt stop error – 0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED) boot failures.
- The release addresses creating null ports using the user interface problem.
- The Patch Tuesday LCU contains Security updates to the components Windows Shell, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, and Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Authentication, Windows Media.
|KB4493509, the April 2020 LCU might cause error – 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND if you have installed some Asian language packs.|
|You might encounter the error note – Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software while installing a 3rd -party driver. Moreover, the error No signature was present in the subject might appear when trying to see the signature properties using Windows Explorer.|
How to download KB4577668 and install on Windows 10 1809
KB4577667 is the latest Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 1809; install this before start proceedings to receive this LCU. Now follow –
1] Using automatic Windows updaate
- Click the search icon or bar on the taskbar and type update.
- Hit Enter to unfold the Settings page.
- Select the – Check for updates.
- Let the LCU to download fully and then click the – Install now.
2] Via Microsoft update catalog manually
- Go to direct download links – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4577668
- You can Manually search KB4577668 on the site.
- Locate the appropriate file matching with your computer’s architecture and select Download.
- After completion, double click the MSU file and allow the Windows Standalone installer to scan the system.
- Finally, click the – Yes.