As Windows 10 version 2004 is out for everyone, the giant software rolls out another build for 20H2 Fast Ring Insiders. Microsoft pushes Windows 10 Build 19635 which contains some fixes and issues. Though this update does not include any new features, it definitely resolves some of the common problems. The update resolves problems with cellular data, Reliability Monitor critical events, a camera with unexpected artifacts, and more.
But similar to other releases, this build also incorporates some issues that the team is working on. The below section of this article covers all the details that Windows 10 Build 19635 holds. Let’s explore them –
Windows 10 Build 19635 20H2
Here are Windows 10 Build 19635 20H2 Fixes and Known Issues –
- Microsoft resolves the apostrophes issue in this release. “Mount File dialog, Location not available dialog, and File Explorer folder options text not being displayed correctly” gets a fix.
- A toggle lying in the Search Settings section in Work or School Account was unexpectedly disabled. The Allow Windows Search to provide toggle will no longer be disabled post-installation of this update.
- On certain devices, cellular data fails to function but Windows 10 Build 19635 fixes this problem also.
- Previously Settings used to crash down when changing display orientation or resolution. Thankfully, Microsoft resolves this problem in this rollout.
- The giant software also fixes trouble that results in certain Insiders viewing multiple critical events – Program Compatibility Assistant Service stopped working. They used to come across this in Reliability Monitor.
- Constant display flashing on certain devices receives a fix.
- Camera on some devices displays unpredicted artifacts but Microsoft fixes this as well.
- Certain devices booting from eMMC storage may encounter bugcheck problem. This happens while resuming from hibernation and the team is looking into the issue.
- The update process hangs for an extended period of time. Microsoft is analyzing reports as this problem occurs during an attempt to install a new build.
- The Downloads and Documents section in the Privacy Settings still displays a broken icon adjacent to their respective page names.
- Another issue that the giant software is concerned about is the taskbar preview thumbnails that fail to render consistently. It just shows a blank area.
Source – Windows Blog