Microsoft rolled out a new build to Fast ring in 20H2 Windows Insider with additional functionality for Your Phone app. The most important thing is Windows 10 build 19645 brought out a number of fixes. Furthermore, the number of known issues in this update is also less in comparison to previous builds.
Yet the update will be installed automatically if you have chosen Fast ring you can do the same manually too. Go to Settings and select Update & Security. Select Check for updates link and allow the build to download completely. Ether choose a preferred time using active hours or click on Install to start instantly.
Windows 10 Build 19645 Changelog
Here is Windows 10 Build 19645 changelog –
Your Phone App new features
The company declared in Windows 10 Build 19619.1000 about audio controls feature in Your Phone app. This functionality allows you to manage your music and audio staying at Your Phone app. You can avoid dividing your attention between devices or breaking your workflow using this feature. A drop down in the player will let you switch between sources because they will be completely in sync.
Update the Phone Companion and the Your Phone app to enjoy this feature.
Windows 10 Build 19645 General changes & improvements
- Current build brought a modified servicing model for the Linux kernel inside of WSL2/Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distributions. Now you will receive Linux kernel via Windows Update instead of Windows. Similarly, third-party drivers such as touchpad or graphics drivers) are installed and updated today. To get more information, navigate to the Windows Command Line blog and for kernel version see view the kernel docs.
- The tech giant has started offering support for Nested Virtualization on the AMD processors.
Windows 10 Build 19645 Fixes
Windows 10 Build 19645 comes up with plural number of fixes –
- Fixed bug check issue that occurred when resuming from hibernate after booting from eMMC storage.
- Problematic IME mode switching between Windows notification area and applications due to multiple Chinese and Japanese IME is solved
- The Microsoft experts fixed taskbar preview thumbnails displaying an empty field because of rendering consistently.
- When you tapped using a pen, handwriting input panel was not appearing in certain text fields. The issue is resolved.
- Windows 10 developers solved snapped applications that would be minimized to taskbar when in tablet mode when you try to resize.
- They fixed Windows Hello Setup that would break if facial recognition was already set up and you shut the Improve Recognition button.
- Your PC couldn’t identify a smart card and throw event log error 621 is solved.
- Microsoft is analyzing the feedback of process hanging for extended periods of time during the installation of a build.
- They are trying to settle Downloads and Documents sections that look as a rectangular broken icon after page name within Settings => Privacy.
Source – Windows Experience blog.