Are you waiting for next Windows 10 Dev Preview build this week? Microsoft is rolling out the update for the insider with a great number of fixes and improvements. Windows 10 build 20221 is the latest version now for the members who have joined the Dev channel.
You are able to download the update to take the windows insider program benefits through Settings however this is an automatic process.
Windows 10 build 20221 Features and Fixes
Here is Windows 10 build 20221 changelog –
1] Meet Now in the Windows 10 Taskbar
This build adds Meet Now right to the taskbar. You are able to easily set up a video call and reach friends and family in an in a moment by clicking on the Meet Now icon in the notification area (system tray) of the taskbar in Windows 10. No sign-ups or downloads needed.
Currently, Meet now is rolling out to a subset of Insiders in the Dev Channel every one will receive this gradually associated with the channel.
Your Phone Notifications gets a new pinning feature
Windows 10 build 20221 provides a pinning feature integrated with the notifications feeding Your Phone app. You will have the ability to pin to save important notifications that will stick to the top of your feed. This will allow you to easily access and distinguish them from the rest of your notifications. You need to simply click the ellipses in the overflow menu. There you will see the option Pin notification.
The feature is a gradual rollout, so you may wait a few days for notifications pinning to show up within the Your Phone app.
Changes and Improvements
- Windows 10 build 20221 is adding a notification to let you know when an app registers to run at startup (Settings => Apps => Startup Apps).
- People app no longer available as a standalone app in Start. However, it remains as an inbox app and can be started to manage your contacts from the button in the Mail and Calendar apps.
Windows 10 build 20221 Fixes
- We fixed an issue where the new Manage Disks and Volumes section in Settings wasn’t blocking the ability to change the drive letter of the system volume.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Start menu, and Action Center being totally transparent when certain apps were open in the background.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a crash when opening the Power menu in Start while running Magnifier at a high zoom level.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a virtual desktop thumbnail in Task View showing an empty desktop even after moving an app over to that desktop.
- We fixed an issue when typing with an IME into text fields in certain apps that could result in input no longer being accepted.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Chinese Pinyin IME candidate pane getting stuck on the first letter when typing into certain games.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update getting stuck at “Downloading – 0%” for a long time.
- We fixed seeing generic errors when using wsl –installin the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- We fixed a bug where the Linux kernel would not be installed when using wsl –installin the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Microsoft experts are investigating the feedback for update process hanging for extended periods of time issue that occurs when trying to install a new build.
- Live preview for pinned site tabs was a problem in the earlier builds and couldn’t be enabled; they are trying to fix.
- In this Dev channel update, they inform that they are also working to enable new taskbar experience for prevailing pinned sites. Although, as of now, you are able to unpin the site from the taskbar another way. Simply remove the site from the edge://apps page, and then again pin it.
- Some Office applications crashing or missing after update issue still persists in Windows 10 build 20221, and the developers are studying reports.
- Settings crashing for some Insiders when opening Manage Disks and Volumes is the next known issues Microsoft is focusing on.
- Next, they are looking into the feedback of KMODE EXCEPTION bug check that occurs for some insiders when using certain virtualization technology.
- Linux kernel not being installed when using the wsl –install command in the WSL / Windows Subsystem for Linux is another known issue. You can use the command wsl –update for now to install the latest kernel version.
- The remote procedure call failed error message that appears at the startup is the known issue affecting Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distros users.
- They are studying vEthernet adapter bug that causes to disconnect the device in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distros after a certain period of use. For complete details, read on – Github thread.
- Finally, they are trying to fix for generic errors that occur when using wsl –install in the WSL/Windows Subsystem for Linux.
How to download Windows 10 Build 20221 and install
- Click the Windows logo key and I simultaneously.
- Selelect – Update & Security.
- Click – Windows update.
Source – Windows insider blog.