The development channel (previous fast ring) has received a new update with a few fixes. Windows 10 Build 20277 is the release that is rolled out under FE_RELEASE.
From this update, they are providing a choice for the Development Channel to get the next build from the RS_PRERELEASE branch. These will be made available as an optional update through the seeker experience in Windows Update. This indicates that you can prefer to install the currently offered RS_PRERELEASE build. Currently, you will be offered Build 21277. Once done, you will proceed to receive RS_PRERELEASE builds further. If you want to remain in the FE_RELEASE you will get it until they move all Insiders in the Development Channel to obtaining RS_PRERELEASE builds sometime after the holidays.
Windows 10 Build 20277 Released
Here is the changelog –
- One of the most important, Windows 10 Build 20277 update fixed WinRE volume label that becomes missing after multiple upgrades.
- The build also fixed apps failing to update issue and throwing error code 0x80073D02.
- Microsoft professionals are analyzing the feedbacks of the update process hanging for a long. The issue occurs when trying to install a new build.
- Up to now, the insider team hasn’t enabled Live previews for pinned sites for all. As a result, you may come across a grey window while hovering on the thumbnail in the taskbar. They are proceeding with work on polishing this experience.
- Furthermore, they are working on turning on the new taskbar experience for pinned sites. As of now, you are able to unpin the website from the taskbar. For this, go to edge://apps and remove it, and then again pin.
- The team is trying to solve the error 0x80070426 that occurs when using their Microsoft account to sign in to multiple apps. However, a restart of the computer may resolve this.
- Storage settings do not display drives in the previous few builds in Dev Channel within Manage Disks and Volumes.
2. SDK Build.