Windows Insiders have received yet another build in the Rs_Prerelease branch. This update has several significant changes and fixes for the long-running issues.
You are able to download Windows 10 Build 21296.1000 directly throw Windows update unless you haven’t changed the default configurations. Further, this will ask you to install the build.
Windows 10 Build 21296.1000 Rs_Prerelease
Here is the changelog –
Changes and Improvements
- The current build is delivering an update to the converged clipboard history design (WIN + V). This change will support syncing, pinning, deleting, plus unpinning individual entries.
- Furthermore, you can now manage and create Storage Spaces from within Settings.
Windows 10 Build 21296.1000 Fixes
- The experts there fixed Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare couldn’t be launched. You need to update your game(s) to implement the fix.
- They fixed Xbox Game Bar that was launching automatically for some games, despite WIN+G was not pressed.
- Also, they fixed the PC might appear unresponsive issue when the Xbox Game Bar was launched.
- Windows 10 Build 21296.1000 Rs_Prerelease fixed Program Compatibility Assistant sometimes unexpectedly consuming huge CPU resources in the last few flights.
- The build fixed explorer.exe hanging issue that occurred when mounting ISOs.
- Dev Channel update fixed the Windows Security app that might display link and check for updates button simultaneously.
- The update fixed graphic / rendering problems that occur after resizing specific app windows.
- This build will restore x64 emulation on ARM64 if it was broken after receiving build 21292.1010.
- If you are practicing x64 apps on ARM64, there is an updated preview of the ARM64 C++ redistributable (version 14.28.29812) now available. You are able to install it from https://aka.ms/arm64previewredist. This updated redist adds vcruntime140_1.dll and fixes crashes occurring in a number of CAD applications.
- Microsoft professionals are working on a fix for the games such as titles from the Assassin’s Creed franchise, or State of Decay 2 that may crash or hang when launching.
- They are also studying 32-bit systems losing network connection problem that occurs after installing this build. If you are running the same, you may pause updates until the issue is resolved.
- In Windows 10 Build 21296.1000, Miracast users may encounter very low frame rates after installing this update.
- They are studying reports of the update process hanging for longer when installing a new build.
- In addition, they are examining a problem that impacts the reliability of Start and additional modern apps, which started in the previous flight. You may encounter the Start menu layout resetting if impacted.
- Like the previous build, Aero Shake is disabled in this one too. If you like to enable navigate to the following path in Registry Editor –
and create a new DWORD value named DisallowShaking with a value data 0.
- Similar to the earlier few builds, Live previews for pinned sites aren’t enabled for all Insiders yet. As a result, you may notice a grey window on hovering over the thumbnail in the taskbar.
- They are enabling the new taskbar experience for available pinned sites. However, you can unpin the website easily from the taskbar. All you need to do is remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the website.
- News and interests taskbar setting will be reset to Show icon and text after receiving this update. This is fixed going forward.
- At times, the news and interests flyout will not be dismissed with a pen.
- News and interests feature uses additional space on the taskbar.
- The taskbar button can present old information each time the user login to the Windows session.
- The news and interests flyout displays content in a single column before immediately changing to the double column.
- Text in taskbar button can appear pixelated on high-resolution screens.
- News and interests and taskbar context menu overlap.
- In specific situations, news and interests feature consume 100% of the CPU when you launch the first time.
- Trying to share content closes the flyout.
- If you are running ARM64 system and installed Qualcomm Adreno graphics driver preview on Surface Pro X you may encounter reduced brightness. This problem will be addressed in a future update.