Dev channel of Windows 11 insider obtained yet another build, in the form of the first update of the year 2022. This release brings an average number of changes and bug fixes but they are pretty important. This is Windows 11 Build 22526.1000 that carries File Explorer search improvements and reveals some new known issues.
The full build number is 10.0.22526.1000.rs_prerelease.211215-1332. This update will be available to download from windowsinsiderpreviewiso page of Microsoft once it is uploaded to the location. Its link is given at the bottom. See –
Windows 11 Build 22504.1000 with 13 more themes for Touch keyboard.
Windows 11 Build 22526.1000 changes, fixes, and known issues
- The company is experimenting with displaying ALT + TAB as windowed replacing the full screen for some Insiders.
- The Insiders team has added support for wideband speech when using Apple AirPods products, for example, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods), improving audio quality for voice calls.
- Now onward, Windows 11 Enterprise (E3 and E5) licensed PCs that are enterprise-joined will be having enabled credential guard.
- The team is exercising with indexing more file locations so that to make a search to find important files in Files Explorer quicker.
- Windows 11 Build 22526.1000, the first build of this year, 2022, did some work to help address the File explorer bug. Actually, subsequent to explorer.exe crash that occurred after searching in File Explorer, the next time search in File Explorer wouldn’t work.
- The experts brought another fix to help address the recent searches flyout getting stuck on the screen (appearing transparent except the border).
- The rollout Improved the resolution of app icons shown in search results when the display scaling was set to greater than 100%.
- In case, you’re using spotlight collection, the current image should migrate on upgrade now (if the build is 22523 or greater).
- In the current Windows 11 Build 22526.1000, the experts fixed an issue ending up with the Widgets board potentially not having the correct resolution when hovering over the entry point on a secondary monitor.
- They addressed Widgets board would temporarily be blank and display only an Add Widgets button (which also opened to a blank dialog).
- The rollout fixed a stop error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED occurring on the remote desktop when attempting to shut down or restart.
- Error code 0x80073CFB shown on Microsoft Store that appears when trying to install the latest Web Media Extension update is fixed.
- This update addressed a DWM crash that was impacting some Insiders after receiving the previous flight.
- Sign-in to particular apps such as Feedback Hub might not be possible. To rectify this problem restart your PC.
- The professionals in the insider team are investigating driver and firmware update failures in recent builds that occurred with the error 0x8007012a.
- Entering text when using Search from Start or the taskbar might not be possible in some cases. As a workaround, press WIN+R to launch the Run dialog box, then close it.
- On changing input methods (IMIEs) the taskbar will sometimes flicker.
- It is a prevalent known issue; the network icon sometimes goes missing in the taskbar when it’s supposed to be there. As a workaround, restart explorer.exe from Task Manager.
- File explorer crash might occur on right-clicking on date and time from taskbar when multiple monitors are connected.
- You might not notice the Search panel on clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar. Again restart Windows Explorer from task manager as a workaround.
- The experts are working on the issue where The signal strength indicators do not reflect the correct signal strength list on available Wi-Fi networks.
- Windows Settings may crash when going to System => Display => HDR.
- There is a blank entry on Settings within Bluetooth & Devices.
- The experts are working on a fix for Settings crashing that occurs when trying to access the Startup Apps, Default Apps, and Installed App pages. As a workaround, use winget to uninstall an app.
- Another known issue is; Widgets button might disappear from taskbar on changing the taskbar alignment.
- Widgets content located on taskbar may be out of synchronization between monitors when running multiple monitors.
- Information like temperature is not displayed on the left-aligned taskbar. This will be solved in a future update.
- Furthermore, the professionals are trying to fix certain text authoring commands, for example, “delete” or “select that” that may not behave as expected across Windows apps.
- In Windows 11 Build 22526.1000, recognition of some symbols and punctuation marks, for example, @ sign is not accurate.
- One of the known issues is Narrator Settings must be restarted after downloading a voice to see Jenny and Aria in the voice selection combo box.
- In this rollout, you may see a longer period of time before speech is stopped when pressing the CTRL key in continuous reading scenarios.
To download and install Windows 11 build 22526 –
- Click on Winkey+I.
- On the Settings app, select – Windows update.
- Click on – Check for updates.
- After a while (depending on your internet connection speed) you will be asked when to install the build; click on – Restart now.
Windows 11 build 22526 direct download link.
Source – Windows blog.