Windows insider Beta channel has obtained a new build having a number of bug fixes such as for dot sourcing in Windows PowerShell, audio playback, LSASS, installation of certain multi-function label printers, KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION, and more. KB5026440 is the Cumulative update that brings Windows 11 Build 22631.1825 and 22621.1825.
Full name of this update is Windows 11 Insider Preview 22631.1 (zn_release). See: Windows 11 KB5026438 Build 22621.1755 and 22624.1755 to Beta Insider. Look at what is new in this release:
KB5026440 Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22631.1825 and 22621.1825 Beta channel improvements, bug fixes, and changes
Here is the changelog:
- New! This update ensures that all your OneDrive subscriptions grant you access to their complete storage capacity. Additionally, it conveniently showcases the total storage across all subscriptions on the Accounts page within the Settings app.
- KB5026440 LCU specifically targets a problem related to dot sourcing in Windows PowerShell, which previously caused failures for files containing class definitions.
- This update resolves a bug that impacted executable files (exe) on Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD).
- This update specifically targets a problem related to the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol, which previously prevented access to SMB shared folders. Users encountered errors such as Not enough memory resources or Insufficient system resources. This update resolves these issues, allowing seamless access to SMB shared folders without encountering memory or system resource limitations.
- Windows 11 Build 22631.1825 and 22621.1825 Beta channel update tackle a memory leak that occurs when printing rich text documents. Previously, each time a rich text document was printed, a memory leak would occur.
- This update specifically targets a problem related to audio playback on devices with specific processors. Previously, there were failures in audio playback on such devices.
- KB5026440 focuses on resolving an issue related to the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) on Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD). Previously, there were instances where LSASS would stop functioning when using AVD.
- This update specifically targets an issue related to the touch keyboard, which occasionally fails to display the correct layout corresponding to the current input scope.
- This update focuses on resolving an issue related to the installation of certain multi-function label printers. Previously, there were difficulties encountered during the installation process.
- Windows 11 Build 22631.1825 and 22621.1825 specifically targets a potential issue related to large reparse points. Previously, when attempting to access such reparse points using NTFS, users might have encountered stop errors. This problem occurred when a canceled FSCTL Set operation resulted in changes to the reparse tag.
- This update focuses on resolving an issue that impacted the functionality of Narrator. Previously, Narrator would not correctly announce text attributes for certain words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” or “comment.” With this update, the problem is addressed, ensuring that Narrator accurately announces the text attributes for these specific words, providing an improved user experience for individuals relying on Narrator for accessibility purposes.
- This update specifically targets a problem that occurs when a computer attempts to render a halftone bitmap, resulting in the computer becoming unresponsive or ceasing to function altogether.
- KB5026440 CU focuses on resolving an issue that affects devices equipped with multiple discrete GPUs. Previously, users were unable to select high-performance GPUs from the default graphics settings page. With this update, the problem is addressed, allowing users to effectively choose and utilize high-performance GPUs through the graphics settings page, enhancing the overall graphics performance and user experience on such devices.
- This update involves modifying the international mobile subscriber identity (IMSI) ranges assigned to specific mobile providers. The changes aim to update and reallocate IMSI ranges to ensure efficient and accurate identification and connectivity for mobile subscribers associated with those providers.
- This update specifically targets an issue related to the Event Viewer, which previously impacted the rendering of forwarded event logs.
- Windows 11 Build 22631.1825 and 22621.1825 focuses on resolving an issue that specifically affects the Chinese and Japanese Input Method Editors (IME). Previously, when attempting to search within the Emoji Panel using the Windows key + period (.) shortcut, search functionality may have failed for certain users.
- This update specifically targets an issue that impacts the Chinese and Japanese Handwriting Panel. Previously, users encountered problems where the Handwriting Panel would either not display text prediction candidates or become unresponsive. This issue occurred specifically when selecting a word from the candidate list of the Handwriting Panel.
- This update focuses on resolving an issue that caused devices to become unresponsive when resuming from Modern Standby. The specific error encountered in such cases was 0x13A KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION.
- KB5026440 specifically targets an issue related to the Windows Firewall, which previously caused the firewall to drop all connections to the IP address of a captive portal. This problem occurred specifically when selecting the Captive Portal Addresses option.
- This update focuses on resolving an issue that affects devices joined to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- This update specifically targets an issue that impacts the “run as” functionality, which stops working properly. As a result, the affected device behaves as if the user has not signed in to their account.
- Windows 11 Build 22631.1825 and 22621.1825 involves updating the support phone number for Windows activation related to Microsoft India. The new support phone number ensures that users in India can receive the necessary assistance and guidance for Windows activation queries and issues.
- This update focuses on resolving an issue that impacts applications performing specific actions within a callback. Previously, these applications might have stopped working when attempting actions such as closing a window (WM_CLOSE).
- This update specifically targets an issue that impacts the usability of the Event Viewer. Previously, non-administrator users were limited in their access to event sources, restricting their ability to view certain events. This ensures a more inclusive and comprehensive experience within the Event Viewer, allowing all users to effectively view and analyze events, regardless of their administrative privileges.
- KB5026440update specifically targets an issue that impacts the Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) cluster, which may fail to come online after a periodic password rollover. Users may encounter error code 1326 in such cases.
- This update focuses on resolving an issue that impacts access to Tab settings specifically for IE mode sites. Previously, users encountered difficulties accessing the Tab settings related to these sites.
- This update specifically targets an issue that causes unexpected password expiration notices to be sent to users. This problem occurs when configuring an account to use Smart Card is Required for Interactive Logon and enabling Enable rolling of expiring NTLM secrets. With this update, the issue is resolved, ensuring that users no longer receive unexpected password expiration notices when utilizing these specific configurations, improving overall account management and reducing unnecessary notifications.
- Windows 11 Build 22631.1825 and 22621.1825 update specifically target an issue that impacts the touch keyboard, specifically regarding the French-Canadian language.
How to download KB5026440 and install
- Click on Search and type updates.
- When the Settings application appears, click on – Check for updates.
- Once Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22631.1825 and 22621.1825 is downloaded restart your computer.
KB5026440 direct download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso
Source: Windows blog.