An update hit Windows 11 Insider beta channel with a few remarkably important bug fixes for insert text button of the Pinyin IME, access violation error code 0xc0000005, and Settings app crash. KB5026438 is the cumulative update that brings Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22624.1755 and Build 22621.1755. In Build 22624.1755 the new features are enabled and in 2621.1755 new features are disabled.
Complete name of the release is Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.226.24.1755) (KB5026438). See: Windows 11 KB5023775 Preview Build Rolled out to Beta Insiders. Let’s have a look at what is new in this build:
KB5026438 Windows 11 Insider Build 22621.1755 and 22624.1755 changes and bug fixes
Here is the changelog:
Build 22624.1755 bug fixes
- Uninstalling an app while using Gridview should no longer cause the Settings app to crash.
- An issue has been resolved where the insert text button of the Pinyin IME was not displaying correctly in certain situations.
Build 22624.1755 & Build 22621.1755 bug fixes
- KB5026438 resolves a race condition in Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) that could cause the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to become unresponsive. When multiple local account operations are performed simultaneously, the system may encounter this issue resulting in an access violation error code of 0xc0000005. See: Fix Exception Access Violation Error 0xc0000005 in Windows.
Search on the Taskbar
- After restarting your computer, you may experience a delay before the Bing button reappears in the search box on the taskbar, during which time the daily rotating search highlight may be visible.
- Upon the initial launch of the widgets board, users may experience a brief display of the widget/feed cards’ placeholders from the previous 2-column layout, even if their device supports the current 3-column layout.
How to download KB5026438 in Windows 11 Beta channel
- Press Windows and I keys.
- Click on Windows Update when the Settings app appears.
- Then navigate to the left panel and click on Check for updates.
Direct download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso (when ready).
Source: Windows blog.