In Windows 8 Startup feature is used to run special program automatically during desktop loading. Advantage of Startup feature in windows 8 is that you can launch your favorite program without choosing it from either metro apps screen or desktop icons.
How to add important programs in Startup of Windows 8 is such question, which commonly asked? To solve query like this I am putting step-wise solution underneath particular line.
How to add new program shortcut in windows 8 startup - First Step –
- If you have decided to add Internet Explorer in windows startup lists, At first, you have to create shortcut of Internet Explorer on desktop.
- Browse your computer C drive and Open Programs Files.
- Now Click on Internet Explorer folder . Here, you have to choose Shortcut of Internet explorer .
- Right click on this shortcut, choose Send to from the drop down and select Desktop (create shortcut).
- Internet explorer shortcut is displaying on your desktop screen.
- Open RUN and type Shell:startup in blank box and press OK button.
- Now Startup folder window is appearing on the computer screen. Move or drag Internet Explorer shortcut and add in startup list.
Now windows 8 will run internet explorer automatically whenever you will start your computer.
Remarks – you can add another important program or system tool shortcut in windows startup too, for example – Google chrome, Antivirus, Control panel and many more .
Remove Startup Programs from startup folder
If you want to remove anyone startup program shortcut from startup lists . open Startup folder through above given same process and delete shortcut after select it.