Sometimes we find a new troubleshoot in windows 8. After successfully installing windows 8 preview version, computer window does not show internal DVD drive. Then we get ourselves in trouble and think, why DVD drive is vanished from windows 8 after installation. But don’t worry, a process having some steps are being provided. Follow these tips and solve this troubleshoot quickly.
Related Post: How to burn CD / DVD images in Windows 8 ISO Image
Enable DVD Drive in Windows 8 -
- At first, Press Ctrl + C shortcut to Open Charms bar.
- In charms bar , Click on Search option.
- Now type Command Prompt in Apps search box.
- Now command Prompt link is showing in search results at left panel.
- At this time we press right click, a setting panel come at the bottom.
- Here, click on Run as administrator button to start command prompt with admin right.
- Type this command –
Reg.exe add “HKLM\system\currentcontrolset-services\atapi\controller0” /f/v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0×00000001
- Press Enter button after typing this command in command Prompt.
- Now we have to restart the computer.
When we open computer explorer window, DVD drive will display with drive partition.