You might have experienced a screen with black bars at the top and bottom with blue in the middle in Windows 10. After successfully completing the Out-of-box Experience (OOBE) to setup a new Windows device or after resetting a device this scene appears. Most painful thing is the error – Something went wrong but you can try again MSA – with a Try again button that appears on the screen. A sequence of screens that is comprised in OOBE and requires users to accept the license agreement, log in with, or sign up for a Microsoft Account and helps you configure new Windows installation.
At the same time, you have the option to connect to the internet but are not required to do so. You might encounter this issue when you attempt to connect to internet on either a new install or device of Windows during OOBE.
Solutions to Something went wrong but you can try again MSA error during OOBE
Here is how to fix Something went wrong but you can try again MSA Windows 10 1903 OOBE Error –
Condition-1: You have work open that you do not want to lose
- First of all, press Ctrl + Shift + F10 on the keyboard once.
- Right click on Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click on More details from bottom left for expansion.
- Now Go to the Details tab.
- Look for the process wwahost.exe. Right-click on that process and select End task from the context menu.
Condition-2: You don’t have any works open
- Press the combination of Ctrl, Alt, and Delete on the keyboard.
- In the lower right of the screen, click on the Power button and select Restart.
After you finish the method Something went wrong but you can try again OOBE error should not occur again. Microsoft is trying to fix this Out-of-box Experience error and you should receive the resolution earliest possible.
Source – Microsoft help.