wab.exe in Windows 10 causes issues because of its executable nature whether malware attack or any other errors. Commonly, the executable is a part of the Windows Address book whose purpose is to reserve the contact details, e-mail, and address used by Microsoft Outlook. This program file is so important that none can remove it by any means for secure and stable running of the PC. However, the issue as started making things critical and hence need immediate resolution.
Microsoft released Wab.exe as a program file when they developed Security Release ISO Image as a part of the Windows 10 and coupled them together. The most recent edition of this executable is 10.0.17763.1, having a popularity rating 1 Star with Unknown Security rating. As Wab.exe in Windows 10 error spreads fast, you might be in a trouble. Stay with us till the end until you have successfully recovered your PC from the issue. Read, Fix: wscadminui.exe in Windows 10
Solutions to wab.exe in Windows 10
Here is How to Fix: wab.exe in Windows 10 –
Before we go directly to the Workarounds, let’s be little acquainted with basics about the evolution, causes, nature of the EXE file here.
EXE files and their Vision
Executable files represented as .exe extensions hold Stepwise instruction to run a program in the system. Users who want to run that specific program make a double click and it starts it. In no way, you can ignore EXE files as almost all the applications that you have in the system store necessary data in Disc Drive and makes entries in the Registry.
Evolution of wab.exe Error
We have already come to know how much an EXE is important for the Operating system. Virus developers play the game very well and start pushing malware through the executable. It’s not the end rather they spread the viruses through malicious websites and send suspicious links through E-mails. When users click these it coming in Spam mail or visit any of the unsafe websites, the infection gets the entrance to the system. They do further damage by causing unknown errors, Spying, stealing necessary information. Infection of these malware makes the system to remove necessary elements from the program file and ending up with occurrences of error. The situation has become completely turbid and you are in a complete dilemma. You cannot remove any of the exe files as they are system component and you cannot keep them in the Computer if malicious. However, we believe there is no issue comes in without a solution.
Check whether wab.exe in Windows 10 is Virus or not
You can come out of this problem of differentiating an original EXE file and a Virus as disguise using the following instructions –
- Move the mouse cursor to the Taskbar area and make a right click on it.
- When the options float up, select Task manager to open.
- Once it appears in the Window, choose More details option from the bottom if not expanded fully.
- Moving ahead, hit the Processes tab and reach out to wab.exe.
- Once found, right click on the process and select Open file location.
The System will show you the path of the selected process. If the file location presented is in C:\Windows\System32\, you don’t have anything to worry about the issue. This one is a simple exe file and needed for Windows. If you see any other suspicious location, make your arrangements ready since what you are seeing a Virus under the veil of EXE file.
Causes of wab.exe in Windows 10
wab.exe in Windows 10 errors occur due to issues attributed through missing Registry entries, corrupted system files, infection from malicious invaders. To be little more specific, following causes can evolve the issue –
- Missing and malfunctioning Registry entries relating to wab.exe file developed 05/2010 Security Release ISO Image.
- Removal of Program files of the same due to a malware attack.
- Erasing of a system component associated with this exe file by mistake done by the system itself or a human error.
- Conflict of a recently installed program with this one.
- Incomplete download of the program files aiming for Windows reinstallation or Updating it.
- Terminating installation of a program in a wrong way.
- Defective installations of Windows update program files.
- Abnormal cancellation of an Uninstallation process due to various issues.
Error messages that you may conflict
Once the system is affected already, you might see the following error messages on screen-
1) “Wab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”
2) Cannot find wab.exe
3) Wab.exe is not a valid Win32 application
4) Error starting program: wab.exe
5) Wab.exe Application Error
6) Faulting Application Path: wab.exe
7) Wab.exe is not running.”
When the error messages originate
wab.exe in Windows 10 error appears usually while starting the Computer, launching a program, Installation of Windows OS, Shutting down, attempting to perform some special function through external accessories like Printing.
Resolve error wab.exe in Windows 10
When you are well sure that your Window 10 is one of the Victims, you should not waste time rather direct go for resolving it. Following solutions are pretty simple as well as effective to recover the Windows from this error. Execute these perfectly and get out of the cubical –
End task of wab.exe.exe
Ending task is not at all a permanent solution to the problem, however, this will stop the issue from going further and restricts the error temporarily. Here is how to do it –
Step-1: Press Ctrl+shift+esc Keys from the keyboard to open Task Manager.
Step-2: Switch to Details tab in the page.
Step-4: Locate wab.exe from the visible list; right click on it once found.
Step-5: Select End task from options to terminate the ongoing task.
Perform a Full scan for Virus
From the causes, we are already aware that the infection of malware throws the error. Therefore, we have to remove the malicious programs from the system. A full scan through Windows Security Center can help a lot in this respect. To tell exactly, Microsoft has brought this built-in tool as the safest anti-malware solution of this age. Performing Full scan can eliminate all the malware from PC so you can get rid of the wab.exe in Windows 10 error. Follow through the below instructions –
- Click on the Taskbar search and type full scan in the box.
- As you see Virus & threat protection in the result, hit Enter on your keyboard.
- As a further step, choose the Scan options from the right pane.
- On the following window, select the radio button of Full scan and select Scan now option to begin the scanning process.
Upon finishing of the scan, you will be notified about the result. You can resolve the threats following the instructions appear on the screen.
Run System file checker to repair corrupt system files
Corrupted files in the may cause wab.exe error to occur in your system. SFC /SCANNOW is a powerful tool once executed through Command Prompt (with admin privileges); checks and resolves any corruption in the system files. For that –
- Open the elevated Command Prompt
- by typing cmd.exe in the windows search bar.
- Select Run as Administrator for administrative access.
- When a UAC prompts up, click on Yes to give consent.
- On the base of the blinking cursor, type
sfc /scannowand hit the Enter button.
The system will start checking all the files with the execution of the command and resolve automatically once found any.
Run a DISM Utility
DISM command tool helps in repairing defective components and frequently saves valuable time that would go in vain for Windows Reinstallation. If there is anything troublesome, wab.exe error might occur. Hence, go through the following steps to fix them –
- Open Run Dialog by Pressing Win+R together and type cmd.exe in the empty text box. Now Press Shift+Ctrl+Enter.
- You will view a UAC. Click on Yes.
- Once the command prompt comes into the sight, type the following text code and hit Enter –
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Hopefully, it will fix issues in wab.exe in Windows 10.
Uninstall Unnecessary Programs
- Open Windows Settings app by pressing Win+I hotkey and straightway move over to Apps tile.
- Click on “Apps”.
- Locate the software or programs that are doubtful in the list.
- Do a click on the suspicious one and select the Uninstall button from the extended pane.
- Hit on the Uninstall button once more when asked and then select Yes on UAC prompt for removing the program.
- Follow the on-screen instruction if shown to complete uninstallation in order to fix wab.exe in Windows 10.
Run Disk Cleanup utility
Often temporary files and junks occupy lots of disc making the system slower and affect its performance. The issue is also likely to occur for these culprits too. Following instructions can erase all these junks and eventually you can have a great system performance getting free from wab.exe in Windows 10 error.
- Press the Win+R hotkey and launch the Run dialog on screen.
- On the subsequent wizard, type cleanmgr in the text area located adjacent to Open and hit the Enter key.
- A pop-up will turn up. Select your desired drive (commonly C:) using the drop-down menu.
- Disk Cleanup will start with calculating the space.
- Click on “Clean up system files” from the bottom right of the window.
- Again choose (C:) and click OK.
- Select all items except Downloads on the next window of the Disk Cleanup.
- Click on OK and then Delete files when an affirmation dialog appears.
Install all possible Windows Updates
- Right click on the Start and select Settings from the visible list.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Hit Check for updates button and let the pendings download and install if any.
Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
Troubleshooting in Safe Mode will better help you isolate and identify the culprits behind wab.exe in Windows 10 issues –
Note – Before proceeding further, make sure that you have saved your files and data.
- Hold the Windows and R keys down simultaneously.
- When the Run dialog comes into the view, type msconfig in the text field and press Enter.
- Once the System Configuration wizard rolls out, shift to Boot tab. Descend to the lower part, Check the box for Safe boot and select the radio button of Network.
- Click Apply and then OK .
- A small wizard will appear; click on Restart to Enter into safe mode.
- When in “Safe Mode”, press the Windows and X altogether and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the visible list.
- If a UAC locks the screen, click on Yes to give consent.
- Type the following command on the running window and press Enter –
msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic
- You will experience a “System Maintenance” prompt; select Next to let the troubleshooting run.
- Wait for some time and if the tool detects some problems with your system, then follow the instructions to get it repaired.
- Again launch PowerShell using admin authority, type in the underneath command and press Enter –
msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic
- This time Performance window will show up; click on Next to continue.
- Follow the guidelines that roll up on the display and finish the process. If you see the notification telling you that something needs to be changed in your system then take actions accordingly.
- Once you have completed, you need to return back to the normal mode. To do so –
- Open System Configuration with the method as we showed earlier, move to Boot tab and empty the box for Safe boot.
- Click on Apply and OK to save and exit.
- Finally, Restart your computer into normal mode.
Perform Reset this PC
If the above method doesn’t fix wab.exe in Windows 10, you can Reset the PC. It will completely Restore your computer with initial values.
Note – Before starting this workaround, backup your important files to external memory.
- Open Windows Settings app.
- Do a click on Update & Security.
- Hereafter, Select Recover from the left pane and then move to the right pane. Click on Get started underneath Reset this PC.
Thereafter, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Any recent changes in Windows 10 can be put back to the previous shape with the help of this tool. You have done something that causes wab.exe error in Windows 10 then this procedure is quite handy. System restore will revert the manipulations back to the old state that ends up with fixing the issue. Here is the way you can do it –
- Type System Restore on taskbar search and when the result shows up, hit Enter.
- Click System Restore button on the wizard that rolls out. This will revert back the system to a previous restore point and thus will undo all the recent modifications.
- Click on next and choose a preferable date and time.
- Let the System restore running and wait patiently as it will consume a considerable amount of time.
Clean install Windows
This is last but not the least as following the method will surely erase all the previous data from the drive on which OS is loaded.
To know more, Read Clean Install Windows 10 October 2018 Update.