Patch Tuesday update packages for August 2020 bang for all Windows versions just now. KB4566782 for 2004 has arrived with a lot of improvements, security fixes, and some known issues. The update increases the version to 19041.450.
You can download KB4566782 automatically unless you have not made any changes in the default configuration of Windows Update Settings. However, don’t worry, if you have not got yet; go to the later part of this post and follow the method only. Also, you can see the tracker of the updates – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.
KB4566782 for windows 10 2004 Security update changes and fixes
Here is KB Changelog –
- The patch improves security when using input devices (for example,keyboard, mouse, or pen).
- Cumulative update makes security better when running Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates to enhancement in for storing and managing files.
- it improves security when using the browsers Internet Explorer (IE) and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
- Updates to boost security when running Microsoft Office products.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
Improvements and fixes
- Addresses an issue in UWP apps that allow single sign-on authentication when an app does not have the Enterprise Authentication capability. With the release of CVE-2020-1509, UWP applications might begin prompting the user for credentials.
- Security updates to all components.
How to download KB4566782 and install on Windows 10 2004
Direct Download links –
|Download August 2020 cumulative update from Microsoft update catalog||Servicing Stack update|
Via Windows update –
- Open Settings (Windows logo+I keys).
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on the link that says Check for updates from the next page
- Allow the patch to download in a while and select Install now when asked.
Through Microsoft update catalog
- Go to the link given in the above table to reach KB4566782 page on the Microsoft update catalog site.
- Find the correct patch matching with your system architecture and click on Download.
- After downloading, double click on the .msu file and let the installation complete.
Source – Release note.