Windows 10 version 1909 has received a cumulative update preview for .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5 on 26 January 2021. As usual, the patch combines cumulative reliability improvements in .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8. This rollout is a part of regular maintenance routines. Before you install this update, see the Prerequisite and Restart requirement sections.
You are able to install this .Net Framework update for Windows 10 1909 using both ways – from automatic Windows update and via Microsoft update catalog.
KB4598301 Windows 10 1909 .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8
– Addresses an issue where after installing the update released on October 20th, some ASP.Net applications fail during precompilation – likely with a message that contains the words “Error ASPCONFIG.”
– Addresses a hang when scrolling to the end of a TreeView, when layout rounding is enabled and DPI scaling is not 100%.
– Improves the reliability of automatic Native Image generation task.
How to download cumulative update preview for .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5 on 26 January 2021 and install
1. Through Automatic update
- Click the Start and type – updates.
- Once the Settings page appears, click the – Check for updates.
- When the downloading is finished, select the – Restart now.
2. Via Microsoft update catalog
- Go to KB4598301 direct download link – update files.
- Find the correct one for your system and click on – Download.
- Right click on the downloaded .MSU file then select – Open.
- Follow the instructions coming out and install the cumulative update preview for .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5 26 January 2021.