The update is aimed to remove Microsoft Edge (Legacy) from the system. The release brings a very long list, a great number of problems have been fixed.
KB5000842 Windows 10 build 19043.899
Here is theKB5000842 Windows 10 build 19043.899 changelog –
- The non-security update fixed the zoom problem that occurs when using Microsoft Edge IE Mode on multiple high-DPI monitors.
- The patch enabled admins to use a Group Policy in order to enable the extended keyboard shortcuts, which also comprises Ctrl + S, for “Microsoft Edge IE Mode”.
- Rollout fixed the icon for a Toast collection can not show up in the Action Center if the icon file’s URI contains spaces.
- It solved HDR screens appear much darker than expected.
- KB5000842 fixed an issue that causes video playback to be out of sync in duplicate mode when you use multiple monitors.
- The new rollout settled apps stop working problem that occurs when typing Japanese characters with Microsoft Japanese IME in compatibility mode.
- The experts there fixed device stop responding issue during hybrid shutdown.
- They fixed touchpad cannot be adjusted or turned off because of administrative settings.
- Furthermore, they fixed a window rendering bug that causes content in a window to flash frequently when FlipEx is used.
- Windows 10 build 19043.899 fixed a window rendering issue that causes content in a window to flash frequently when multi-plane overlay (MPO) is used.
- The rollout solved the Japanese input problem that takes place after focus changes between boxes in Microsoft Edge.
- They solved displays nothing or shows “Computing Filters” indefinitely when you filter File Explorer search results.
- They fixed an issue that makes the split layout unavailable for the touch keyboard when you rotate a device to portrait mode.
- KB5000842 informed users when a child account in the Family Safety plan has administrative privileges.
- The experts fixed Toast Notifications that can’t be dismissed using the Close button on touchscreen devices.
- They fixed heap leak that might cause exe to consume high amounts of memory.
- The release updated the Volgograd, Russia time zone from UTC+4 to UTC+3.
- A new time zone, UTC+2:00 Juba, for the Republic of South Sudan has been added.
- They fixed the Windows Event Log Forwarding client problem, that returns the first matching certificate without checking private key permissions. With this non-security patch, the Windows Event Log Forwarding client selects the client’s certificate only if the Network Service has read permissions for the private key.
- KB5000842 fixed an issue that causes PowerShell-based monitors to stop working when you enable transcription on the systems.
- The rollout fixed BranchCache stops working if you activate Windows with CSP license.
- The package fixed Windows 10 Home edition devices cannot be upgraded to the Pro Education edition via MDM services, for example, Microsoft Intune.
- Windows 10 build 19043.899 fixed an issue that prevents App-V applications from opening and generates error 0xc0000225.
- The professionals there fixed some machines enrolled with an MDM service fail to sync if the device manufacturer’s name contains a reserved character.
- They fixed an issue when using CSP policy in order to configure a custom setting for Audit Other Logon/Logoff events. The custom setting fails to take effect.
- Additionally, they fixed system stops working problem that occurs when no Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is present. The error code thrown in TpmTasks.dll!TrackTPMStateChanges is c0000005.
- They fixed multiple instances of exe to run on a system when AppLocker is enabled and the system is not on the internet.
- Also, they solved an issue with credential roaming when Windows Hello for Business is enabled.
- The team fixed performance monitoring tools aren’t displaying logged data for single instance counter objects.
- Windows 10 build 19043.899 fixed an issue that prevents the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge from working. This issue befalls when Edge web browser is used in combination with Microsoft App-V and fonts are enabled inside the virtual environment.
- Build rollout solved black screen or delay signing in to Hybrid Azure Active Directory joined machines. Furthermore, there is no access to login.microsoftonline.com.
- The update fixed system stops working and shows error code 0xC9.
- Also, they fixed an issue with 7.1 channel audio technology.
- KB5000842 fixed an issue that turns on Caps lock unexpectedly when using RemoteApp. 31259510
- The build has enabled Windows to retrieve updated printer capabilities to make sure that users have the proper set of selectable print options.
- The experts updated support for hole punch and stapling locations for print jobs with long edge first paper feed direction on certain printers.
- They fixed high memory usage that occurs when performing XSLT transforms using MSXLM6.
- KB5000842 fixed an issue that might cause File Explorer and other applications to stop responding for several minutes. This problem appears after a client reconnects to the corporate network and tries to use mapped drives to access file shares on the corporate network.
- They also fixed Server Message Block 1 (SMB1) clients are unable to access the SMB share after restarting the LanmanServer service.
- They fixed the cluster network interface that stops working for a short time. Consequently, the network interface controller (NIC) is marked as failed. When the network is functional again, the system might not detect that the NIC is working and the NIC remains in a failed status.
- The rollout fixed signing in to a device that is in the current domain by using the default user profile of a device that is in a different but trusted domain. The profile service of the current domain cannot retrieve the default user profile from the trusted domain and uses the local default user profile instead.
- if you delete files or folders that OneDrive syncs it causes a device to stop working. This issue is fixed now.
- Windows 10 build 19043.899 fixed an issue that prevents Windows from activating Windows 10, version 2004 using the OA 3.0 key after installing KB4598291.
- The experts fixed evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem problem in order to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- The current build removed the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application that is out of support and replaced the new Microsoft Edge. Read detail – New Microsoft Edge to replace Microsoft Edge Legacy with April’s Windows 10 Update Tuesday release.
- KB5000842 fixed an issue that prevents users from using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to connect to a Windows Server 2019 device that is in Desktop Experience mode.
- The patch rollout solved an issue to allow our enterprise partners to work with the Microsoft Support program to create customized mitigations.
- Windows 10 build 19043.899 fixed an issue that might cause a blue screen when attempting to print to certain printers using some apps and might generate the error, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.
- The rollout fixed the HTTP Keep-Alive connection ptoblem in Azure Front Door. Azure Front Door will try to reuse the connection even after finishing a previous request and response to keep the connection open. After an idle timeout, a race condition might occur that closes the TCP connection. Consequently, the client might fail with an invalid server response.
- Finally, they fixed Remote Desktop sessions ending unexpectedly.
Direct download link of KB5000842 20H2 and 2004
Download link of KB4598481 SSU for installing this update