Windows insiders in the Dev channel are receiving another build today. Therefore, the latest Windows 10 build 20215 is available with some new features and fixes. Here you will find the changelog of the update that includes feature, fixes and known issues.
You are able to download Windows 10 build 20215 automatically and all you need is do a single click for installation afterward.
Windows 10 build 20215 change, features, and fixes
Here is Windows 10 build 20215 change;log –
Windows 10 search supports dark theme
The build brings dark theme search results for Windows 10 search experience on the taskbar. The server-side change is arriving at all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. This change will play a role of the transition between Start and search results making it easier on the eyes now that both support dark theme.
Windows 10 build 20215 Fixes
- Windows 10 build 20215 fixed Windows Security app hanging problem.
- The update fixed Windows Security app was crashing when navigating to the Exclusions page when big number of exclusions were added.
- The Dev channel build fixed an issue where using a restore point that had been created prior to a Microsoft Edge update to do a system restore could result in Microsoft Edge not launching after the restore was finished.
- Microsoft experts for Windows insider fixed text cursor unexpectedly moving to the beginning of a text field when typing with the Korean IME in certain apps.
- They fixed impacting Voice Typing reliability.
- Finally, they fixed small subset of devices the Start menu didn’t reflect at the time update was pending restart and scheduled restarts are canceled.
- Microsoft’s Windows Insider developers are analyzing feedbacks of the update process that is hanging for extended periods when making an effort to install a new build.
- Disabled live preview for pinned site tabs has been a problem for insiders; the team is trying to enable the same.
- Furthermore, they trying to settle down the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites enabling issue. As of now, you are able to unpin the website from taskbar, remove the same from edge://apps page, then re-pin the website.
- They are studying reports of some Office apps crashing or missing after receiving a new build.
- In addition, in Windows 10 build 20215, the experts are working Settings crashing problem for some Insiders when opening Manage Disks and Volumes to find a resolution.
- They are working on a solution to the Linux kernel not being installed via wsl –install command in WSL. As of now, run wsl –update to use the latest kernel version.
- We are investigating an issue affecting Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distros where users can receive the error: “The remote procedure call failed” on startup.
- They’re working on the Start menu that doesn’t reflect when an update is pending restart and scheduled restarts are terminated. To install the next update, you will need to update and restart through the Windows Update settings page, notification area (system tray) icon, or restart notification.
- The experts are investigating reports of some devices experiencing a KMODE_EXCEPTION bugcheck when using certain virtualization technologies.
- They’re examining a bug where the vEthernet adapter in WSL2 distros becomes disconnected after a period of use. For full details please follow this Github thread.
- They are also working on a fix for encountering generic errors when using wsl –install in the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
Source – Windows experience blog.