Dev channel of Windows 11 insider has bagged another update with several valuable changes and bug fixes. Windows 11 Build 22468.1000 is the release that brings VPN stats for connection in settings and a new taskbar behavior setting. The Dev channel builds including this one will expire on 15/09/2022.
Full name of the build is 10.0.22468.1000 (rs_prerelease.210924-1215). You must know that this update is delivered from the Active Development branch to the Rs_Prerelease branch of Dev channel. This is in a very early stage of development so you may get some issues while using. The changes in this build may not be included in the final release of the version.
Windows 11 Build 22468.1000 Changes, bug fixes and known issues
Here is the changelog –
- The builds under Dev Channel beginning with Build 22468.1000 will expire on 15/09/2022. Earlier builds in the same channel from the RS_PRERELEASE branch will expire on 21/10/2021.
- This build is also available for MDM enrolled PC.
- The resigned Paint app is being rolled out for the Dev channel insiders; to know more details go to this post.
Improvements and changes
- VPN connection in the Settings app will display some stats.
- When you hover on taskbar search you can see recent searches. This RS_PRERELEASE update has added an option to control this into Taskbar behavior in the Settings.
Windows 11 Build 22468 bug Fixes
- Windows 11 Build 22468.1000 mitigated a rare Windows Explorer initialization hang related to loading the network icon.
- You will experience the flyout that appears when hovering over the taskbar search more reliable.
- When you Navigate to the Search icon in the Taskbar using the keyboard, navigating away will now onwards dismiss the recent searches flyout.
- After clicking on search icon from the taskbar you can see many items. The options that appear when right clicking on these items was not working. It is fixed in this build.
- Hovering on Open with option coming after right clicking on OneDrive folder will longer dismiss.
- In Windows 11 Build 22468.1000 RS_PRERELEASE dev channel build, Network folder can not be opened by double-clicking on it, so, try to pin it to Quick Access instead of opening it.
- The rollout addressed an underlying font issue that was making the right hand of the shruggie kaomoji ¯\_(?)_/¯ not display in the correct position, as well as apostrophe in certain cases.
- Subsequent to installing this release, your preferred mic input format setting (as set within Sound Settings) should persist upgrade.
- Experts in the Insider team addressed certain drives that were unexpectedly not displaying in Defragment and Optimize Drives.
- They have resolved MDM-enrolled PCs couldn’t install the build issue.
- The experts fixed unexpected flickering in certain apps, for example, Microsoft Edge when using multiple monitors with different refresh rates.
- Current rollout mitigated a display-related problem that was causing an increase in bug checks in recent flights.
- Windows Update symbol on the Taskbar might show up but suddenly disappears when you hover over it.
- In this build, WiFi would get stuck in an off mode, and trying to switch it back on won’t work after resuming from sleep.
- Windows 11 Build 22468.1000 RS_PRERELEASE mitigated system to freezes issue that occurs in some scenarios.
- Insiders updating from Build 22000.xxx, or earlier, to later build (Dev Channel) using ISO, may encounter the below message –
The build you are trying to install is Flight Signed. To continue installing, enable flight signing.
As a workaround, press Enable, restart the PC, and then retry the update.
- You might notice screen and sleep timeout being reduced. The team is investigating the potential impact that shorter screen and sleep timeout could have on energy consumption.
- As a prevailing Known issue, you might not be able to enter text when using Search from Start or the Taskbar In some cases. If you encounter the problem, press WIN and R together to launch the Run dialog, then close it.
- In the current build, the Taskbar will sometimes flicker when switching input methods.
- The experts are investigating reports that Notification Center will get in a state in recent builds where it doesn’t launch. As a workaround, restart Windows Explorer.
- The Search panel may not appear after clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar. For this issue also restart Windows Explorer.
- Search panel might appear black and not show content under the search box.
- In this build, the widgets board may look blank. As a workaround, you can log out and then log back in again.
- Furthermore, the size of Widgets may be wrong on external monitors. In case, you get this issue, open the widgets through the hotkey WIN+W or touch or on PC display first and then on secondary monitors.
Download Windows 11 Build 22468 ISO from this link.
Source – Windows insider blog