Blue Screen of Death System Service Exception error appears on Windows 10 desktop all on a sudden. This BSOD issue occurs with the error message (Stop code) with bugcheck value 0x0000003B. Commonly, Computer restarts time and again and desktop freezes during SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The problem indicates that an exception took place at the time of executing routine which transitions from non-privileged to privileged code.
System Service Exception is the result of shabby, outdated drivers and missing system resources because of the reasons as malware infection and conflict between programs. Furthermore, incorrect allocating of Memory, bad sector in Hard Disk, RAM, and low disk storage low can play the trick and cause Stop errors. Since the issue is a notorious one and found to cause a series of damages to Windows, we are here today for discussing some very fruitful workarounds.
System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error Windows 10 Solutions
Here is how to fix System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error Windows 10 –
Stop the Automatic Restart of Windows 10 and make the way for other workarounds
The OS forcibly restarts automatically after being diagnosed with System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows 10. This will make things complicated most as there will not be so much time to find the root cause behind or apply resolution. So, first thing first, and let us disable this phenomenon in below proceedings –
Step-1: Make a together press of Windows and D keys for heading directly to Desktop area from an ongoing process. Recommended to save that and leave first.
Step-2: While in the Desktop, make a right click on This PC icon available here and select Properties when the menu is visible.
Step-3: Control Panel will show up a new window named as System and you have to choose “Advanced system settings” from its left pane.
Step-4: When the System Properties wizard hits on display, sharply jump into its Advanced tab.
Step-5: Heading down, select Settings lying in Startup and Recovery section.
Step-6: From the consequent popup upon appearing, move ahead to the System failure region in the first place.
Step-7: When you see an option Automatically restart, uncheck the box located aside of it.
Step-8: Hit Ok button from the bottom and leave the wizard as well.
Once these changes are made, Windows will not reboot automatically. Hence, there will be enough time for you to deploy the rest of the workarounds.
Run Blue Screen Troubleshooter – Default Windows 10 Tool
With BSOD errors like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in a good number of devices, the Tech giant came up with a preferable solution to regain customer satisfaction. The Built-in utility namely Windows Blue Screen Troubleshooter will potentially resolve System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error and you can have the biggest relief ever. To have this utility, the minimum Windows requirement is Fall Creators Update or above. Prior to upgrading or having this version, follow the below guidelines and apply the tool –
- Open Windows Settings app by making a combined press of “Windows logo and I” keys.
- While in the App accessible area, proceed to Update & Security area and do a click on that once moved.
- From the next page once loaded, select Troubleshoot from the left-hand side and also jump on to the adjacent right.
- Head out to Blue Screen option available on the right side pane and expand it by clicking when found.
- Hit Run the Troubleshooter once come in the view from the expanded pane.
Upon execution, this handy tool will fix BSOD related issues from PC and you can have a flawless system afterward.
Rely on Most Primitive Resort- Boot in Safe Mode
After the Development of Windows, whenever there was a critical situation for the OS arose, booting in Safe Mode came out as rescuer. When you are in this mode, Windows 10 starts with loading only basic services and apps. Hence, most of the issues disappear and that’s the ultimate goal. We can rely on this ancient method and let’s Boot the affected PC in Safe Mode using the below procedure –
- Move the cursor to left bottom part of Desktop and eventually do a click on Start menu.
- When launched, perform a click on Power icon located here and select Restart option holding down the Shift key at the same time.
- Windows will prepare for the first cycle of rebooting and when one round gets over there will be a blue screen appearing at the Startup.
- Choose Troubleshoot option and proceed to the consequent page.
- When the next screen unrolls, hit Advanced options first and then do a click on Startup Settings.
- Now, move the pointer again to right bottom end where you can see a Power cog. Select it and from options, choose Restart again.
- Windows after performing the second cycle of Rebooting while powering up, you will have startup screen with options to “Boot in Safe Mode“.
- Continuously press F4 button from the keyboard until getting entrance to the Safe Mode.
Make the Drivers Up to date via Windows Device Manager
After thorough analysis, researchers came out with a decision that System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error occurs mostly for outdated Device Drivers. Updating is not hectic if you follow through Device Manager. It’s easier here in the App console as old drivers are indicated in Yellow mark. To complete the task, follow the guidelines here –
- Open the Taskbar Search by making a conjugal press of Windows and S keys.
- In the search box given here, write devmgmt.msc and select Device Manager when shows up.
- If there is an exclamation mark on any device, expand it by making a click on it.
- Now, prior to expanding, hit a right click on the drivers and choose Update driver option finally to start the process.
- Keep on following the on-screen guidelines to correctly update the drivers.
Do the same for all outdated ones, hopefully, there will be no more System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows 10 afterward.
Install all update patches
An outdated Operating System is usually lack of strength and prone to get affected by bugs and problems. Microsoft also releases the update patches, major updates as to maintain this stream. These contain features as well as addressing of previous bugs. If your Windows have so many pending patches, might suffer from System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error. Hence, let’s install these available patches going through the following method –
- Press the Windows key and upon opening the Start menu, select Settings cog.
- Windows Settings app upon arrival to display, move the pointer to Update & Security region and perform a click on the same.
- From the following page after being loaded fully, choose Windows Update lying on the left pane.
- Transfer self to the corresponding right side and make a click on Check for updates button ignoring “You’re up to date” message.
- When the patches are available, hit the Download button located under each patch.
- The installation will start automatically when downloading finishes.
- Follow the instruction Windows provides like restarting from time to time until it gets installed.
Important- Try to get connected with Broadband Internet or Wi-Fi to get high Downloading speed. If you cannot manage and use the Mobile Hotspot, make sure to disable Metered Connection from Network Settings, otherwise, downloading will not begin.
Engage Windows Security and Perform Full System Malware Scan
In this Advanced Tech savvy world, the worst enemy of a user is an infection from malicious invaders. These culprits are present everywhere on the web socially in some websites and often present on suspicious links in E-mails. Whenever you make a visit to those websites or perform a click on these links, Malware gets the ticket to enter. In the process, they erase many necessary OS components and eventually call in System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows 10. To safeguard, Windows Security can be most useful. Here is how to clean threats in using this default app –
- Hover the Cursor to the right side of Taskbar and do a click on Show hidden icon arrow once in place.
- Upon the menu unrolls, choose the Shield icon and allow an opening for Windows Security.
- Moving ahead to UI, select Virus & threat protection located at the left side.
- Shifting on to the adjacent right side, make a click on Scan options link.
- After all the options unveil here in this page, hit radio button against Full scan and then finally choose Scan now to initiate the detection.
- After the process ends, the result will be presented before you and if there is any vulnerability present, select Clean threats option to dismiss them.
- On the consequent page, there will be three options displayed. Hit Remove and in the process Start actions to start taking necessary measures against malware.
Fix up Defective areas present in Hard Disk for Prolonged Use
Using the Hard Disk for a long time causes creating poor segments in it quite often. This is somehow obvious and fixing is not tough as you have the default Disk Checking Utility beforehand. Chkdsk is a powerful command line and we will now fix up the poor areas moving through below steps.
- Take the cursor to an empty area of Taskbar and do a click on it in the process.
- Choose Task Manager.
- On this page, select File option lying at the top left corner.
- Select Run new task option and let open the dialog.
- In the text space, type cmd and move down a little to check the box before “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
- After pressing Enter key, you will be guided to the Elevated Command Prompt directly.
- When in the black window, type following command at the place of winking cursor-
- Hitting Enter key now will activate Disk Checking utility and it will show only disk status. The goal being different, we need to add extra character with it representing –
C:- Disk drive that has Operating System Installed.
f- fixes the error found out by tool in the volume.
r- detects the poor areas in the drive.
x- splits up resources to aid detection in the volume.
With all these characters, the new command looks like-
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
- On execution, Disk checking utility will detect and fix those problem areas automatically. This process will take some additional time. Keep finger crossed and wait until it gets over.
- Restart Windows 10 PC and prior to returning back, check if there is an error in the system.
Launch Windows Memory Diagnostic and eliminate RAM problems
As the cases indicate that, incorrect allocation of Memory devices, as well as defective RAM, plays a big role in causing SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD error, we need to fix this arena ASAP. Let’s involve Windows Memory Diagnostic in the action going through below guidelines –
- Open the Start menu by pressing Windows key and keep typing memory from the keyboard.
- Windows Memory Diagnostic once peek in the result, select it to open the wizard.
- Hit the “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)” option from the wizard and let Windows reboot initially for the first time.
- When powering up, the desktop screen will have a blue display detecting memory problems.
- When it hits to 100%, Windows will restart for the second time automatically.
- After you it gets back to operation again, the result of the diagnosis will be displayed in the Notification area of System Tray.
Cut Off Similar Applications and limit their Conflict
Having similar programs present in the system parallel came out dangerous as they often are in a collision. As a result of this, various system resources go missing and System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error make its way out. To stop this, the easiest trick is to uninstall one of these and that will not really harm. This is how you can delete an app from the system –
- Moving the cursor to bottom left corner, make a right click on Start menu.
- Select Run and open up the dialog in the vicinity.
- In the empty box provided here, type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter key as well.
- Program and Features will sharply be visible on display and you have to navigate to apps causing System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error.
- Make a right click on the same followed by clicking Uninstall option.
- Keep moving ahead as the guidelines displayed until it is removed completely.
- Restart the device after accomplishing the task and once head back to desktop again, see if the error has resolved.
- Once there is no more issues, download and install the app again if required.
Abandon Troublesome Windows Update Files
Updating Windows is necessary and Microsoft made the whole system autonomous to facilitate users. When this system falls into the discrepancy, System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error gets the flow. Resolution involves throwing out these problematic files from the device in a way discussed below –
- Get access to Windows Settings app and open the additional settings page for Update & Security eventually.
- Once there, choose Windows Update and jump on to sideward pane.
- Do a click on the View update history link to uncover past updates.
- From the page coming up next, hit a click on Uninstall updates link and load a new window from Control Panel.
- In the Installed Updates window, reach out to the latest patch you have installed and choose Uninstall option visible in the top ribbon.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines until these files get removed completely.
Turn down System File Corruption and Recover DLL files
When System elements are found to be corrupted, DLL files go missing, you will experience several issues including System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error. Well, the System File Checker comes handy in this case and to manage the access, proceed with following.
- Manage the access to Elevated Command Prompt using guidelines we stated before.
- When in the black window, type the following command at the base of the winking cursor.
- After pressing Enter key, “System File Checker” (sfc) will be executed and it will fix the corrupted windows resources and DLL files automatically.
- While this process might take a while, you need to sit patiently and let it complete normally.
- After that, perform a restart to Windows and upon returning back, check if the error has resolved already.
Undo all the recent changes by making System Restore
Uninstalling a program, installing anything imprint footstep in the Windows Registry. Any manipulation in the action will lead to vulnerabilities like System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error. If you have a previously created Restore Point, heading back to that will heal the device as you are progressing to a state where there was no issue. In case you don’t have one, ignore this method and move ahead with the next. If you have those previously created points, move ahead with below proceedings –
- Open Run dialog by pressing “Win+R” keys.
- In the search box, type rstrui and hit the Ok button located below.
- System Restore wizard will shortly open up and from there, hit Next button.
- From the consequent page, do a click on Show more restore points to unveil all those.
- Choose the latest one and again make a click on the Next button.
- After the following page comes at the view, hit the Finish button from the bottom and let the restoring begin.
Clean the Disk Storage and make free space out of it by deleting Junk files
Windows System produces lots of temporary files who are actually unnecessary afterward. These are stored in Disk Drive and once turn a bigger amount, occupy huge space. Ultimately, the storage runs low and regular functionality is also affected and BSOD errors are eminent as well. To make some space in it, Disk Cleanup Utility can help a lot. To use this handy tool, follow the below steps –
Step#1: First of all, open the Taskbar search using any convenient method you like.
Step#2: Type and fill the empty text space with cleanmgr and select Disk Cleanup Desktop app once visible in the result.
Step#3: When a small dialog box unrolls to choose the preferable drive, select C: by clicking the dropdown menu.
Step#4: Hit Enter key and Disk Cleanup tool will start opening up with calculating retrievable space at the beginning.
Step#5: In the wizard, hit Clean up system files from the left corner to move on.
Step#6: The small dialog box will reappear asking same. Select C: in the same way and press the Enter key.
Step#7: Disk Cleanup for C: after coming ahead on display, move to its Files to delete the segment.
Step#8: Mark all the checkboxes leaving Downloads only.
Step#9: Now, hitting the Ok button located at the bottom will execute freeing up process. We recommend before doing so, check the Recycle Bin once for any restorable item.
After the process ends normally, there will be no BSOD error hopefully in the system.
Execute “Deployment Image Servicing and Management” (DISM) tool for defective Windows images
BSOD errors such as System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error makes it way out if the system possesses troublesome Windows image files in it. To deal with that, the DISM tool is much renewed. The tool is executed in an elevated Command Prompt using the suitable command line. Here is the process –
- Do a press to Windows key and let open the Start menu.
- Type cmd from the keyboard and once Command Prompt peek in the result, make a right click on it.
- Select Run as Administrator and when UAC asks for authentication, hit Yes to proceed.
- In the Black Command Prompt window, type following at the base of blinking cursor.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Hitting Enter will power up the DISM tool and it will fix defective Windows image files.
- This process will also take several minutes to accomplish, wait patiently and when it gets over, restart the PC.
- Upon returning to the desktop, check if the error still present.
Unplug Hardware Accessories from the device for a while and reconnect later
People discovered System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error Windows 10 after connecting an additional Hard Drive with PC. This is just shocking as you need one nowadays for vibrant reasons. Well, the solution is simple enough, you just need to disconnect that for a while and give a pause. Reconnect once again after confirming that there is no BSOD present. The procedure is as follows –
- First of all, disconnect the additional Hard Drive from the device and keep it separate.
- Restart the device using the usual method ( Start menu- Power icon- Restart).
- After completing the rebooting cycle, check for the error in the system.
- If System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error has resolved successfully, connect the same with utmost care.
- Launch the browser and visit the manufacturer website for that Hard Drive.
- Download and install the latest driver to use flawlessly.
Uninstall Third Party Anti-virus if have in the system
Windows 10 has the default security system to deal with malware issues. In the past, we would prefer to use an anti-virus program as Windows Security was not prevalent. Nowadays, those free apps are unnecessary as well as found to cause harm like System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error. Therefore, if you have one, immediately remove using below instructions –
- Get access to Windows Settings app using any suitable method you like.
- When in the home page, head to Apps and make a click on it.
- After the consequent page comes in the view, select Apps & features lying in the left pane.
- Once all the installed apps load completely on the right side, reach to third-party Antivirus program in the list.
- Make a click on it and hit Uninstall option from the expanded pane. When User Account Control prompts, tap Yes to proceed.
- Move with the on-screen guidelines until the program is completely removed from the system.
So far, we have discussed all the probable solutions for resolving System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error Windows 10. These are actually proven to be effective and people are benefited thoroughly. It’s quite unfortunate if you fail to come out victorious. In that case, let go of all the frustration and prepare for complete installing of Windows 10. That’s the last resort and if done with perfection will be free from issues and bugs afterward.
Before moving to the workarounds, save a backup for important files in a USB or external drive. If you don’t feel competent enough, can seek help from professional. Hopefully, you can get the best outcome and bypass System Service Exception Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows 10 finally.
1: Stop the Automatic Restart of Windows 10
2: Run Blue Screen Troubleshooter
3: Boot in Safe Mode
4: Make the Drivers Up to date
5: Install all update patches
6: Engage Windows Security and Perform Full System Malware Scan
7: Fix up Defective areas present in Hard Disk
8: Launch Windows Memory Diagnostic and eliminate RAM problems
9: Cut Off Similar Applications and limit their Conflict
10: Abandon Troublesome Windows Update Files
11: Turn down System File Corruption
12: Undo all the recent changes by making System Restore
13: Clean the Disk Storage and make free space out
14: Execute Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool
15: Unplug Hardware Accessories from the device for a while and reconnect later
16: Uninstall Third Party Anti-virus if have