Pin logon on Windows 10 provides you the facility to sign in using 4 digit PIN. This facility almost eases up your work of logging in by replacing the complicated and lengthy password while you are starting your PC.
Actually password plays the role of backbone against the security threat and this is also true for your Windows 10 PC. It secures your PC from being misused. But due to security reasons you create a long and complex password on your Microsoft account. What is the result? When you boot your PC you need to type the damn password oftentimes since Windows 10 requires this for login. To simplify this issue, Microsoft has facilitated PIN Password on Windows 10. All you need to do is create 4 digit PIN logon. This PIN is very much easy to remember and fast to use in comparison with the other passwords.
Here in this article, we will discuss how to create 4 digit PIN logon on Windows 10 to sign in your PC with just a congregation of 4 numbers instead of typing lengthy Password oftentimes.
How to Create 4 Digit PIN Logon on Windows 10
1. Using Settings
- Execute a Click on Start menu icon for the purpose of spreading it out. Tap on Settings symbol placed at the 3rd position from bottom on the Start menu.
- Settings app overgrows on the desktop on which you need to look for Accounts available in the first row and Hit on it.
- On Accounts section, click Sign-in options on the left fringe. Just tap on Add button hovering under PIN at the right side.
- A pop up will emerge in order to verify the credentials of your Microsoft Account. Type your Password in the provided box and hit Sign in.
- A new dialog box appears on your screen with title Set up a PIN. You need to put down the desired 4 digit PIN twice successively in the 2 boxes. You can write 5656, 8878, 4568, etc. At last, tap on Finish button.Finally, click OK.
Using Control Panel
- Navigate to open Cortana search box. Write Control Panel in that box and click the same at the top.
- You view the Control Panel comprising a list of items on the screen. Click User Accounts.
- In the User accounts section, press the link showing as Make changes to my account in PC settings.
- Hereupon follow the process provided in the above tips.
Note: 4 digit PIN logon in Windows 10 is working only for the users who have logged in with Microsoft Account.