Windows 10 Build 18242 bangs to the Insiders who have chosen Skip Ahead ring level. The update includes significant fixes and improvements for Action Center, thumbnails and icons, nearby sharing, PDFs in Microsoft Edge, Emoji Panel and several other. Microsoft is at the final juncture of releasing Windows 10 October 2018 update, meanwhile, this build will enhance the experience of Insiders.
You will receive Windows 10 Build 18242 (19H1) automatically if you have opted to Skip stabilizing the upcoming release and move straight on to the next. Otherwise, travel Settings => Update & Security and press Check for updates.
Windows 10 Build 18242 –
Table of Contents
Windows 10 Build 18242 (19H1) for Skip Ahead Fixes and Improvements Details
Here are the common Changes and Improvements for Windows 10 Build 18242 (19H1) –
- The color of the Action Center was lost color and it turned transparent in the previous few builds. Windows 10 insider team fixed this issue the in the last two flights.
- Microsoft solved thumbnails and icons that might not be rendered if you saved any video files to the desktop.
- They resolved the back button in Settings and other applications that were turning into white text on a white background when you hovered over it.
- Windows 10 Build 18242 fixed the crashing problem of few apps particularly when you attempted to save a file from the applications.
- The Windows 10 insider team solved nearby sharing not working for local accounts. The issue occurred specifically when certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters was included in the account name.
- Microsoft solved the rendering problem in some kinds of PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
- This is an improvement and you can drag the Emoji Panel now if you would like to move it to a different position.
- Windows insider team resolved Narrator not reading selected word choices. The problem occurred when you were typing using an IME (for instance, in Japanese).
- In the Windows 10 Build 18242, certain Insiders may experience differences when using the Japanese IME. Microsoft is trying to fix the issue and will inform more about it later. In the middle, If you have any update or encounter a mess then submit a feedback.
- Microsoft resolved Bluetooth audio devices that wouldn’t play sound in applications that also used the mic.
- They solved resume from hibernation taking longer time on certain devices.
- Windows 10 insider team settled Windows Hello taking more time in the Getting Ready state.
- They fixed a rise in battery consumption when using certain apps like OneNote.
- They solved PowerShell that was showing characters incorrectly in Japanese.
Windows 10 Build 18242 Known issues
- Task Manager displaying incorrect CPU usage.
- Arrows that unfolds Background processes in Task Manager are blinking repeatedly and weirdly.
Windows 10 Build 18242 Known issues for Developers
This is an old issue regarding switching the ring level. When you install builds from the Fast ring and then choose the Slow ring, you will be unable to enable developer mode. In this case, you will have to persist in the Fast ring to install/add/enable the optional content.
Source – Windows Experience blog