Microsoft rolled another update in Dev channel for 21H1 today. This Windows 10 Build 20180.0.1 that includes a few changes and significant fixes.
If everything about Settings is good in your system the update will be automatically downloaded. All you need is to allow on the confirmation banner to install the same in the end. Alternatively, go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates. See – Windows 10 2104 21H1 All new Features, Improvements, and Changes.
Windows 10 Build 20180.0.1 21H1 In Dev Channel
Here are Windows 10 Build 20180.0.1 21H1 features, improvements, changes, and fixes –
Windows 10 Build 20180 Improvements and Changes
- The build has changed the tablet posture logic for 2-in-1 devices so you are able to apply it using a single screen.
- New folder icon will be smaller in the Start menu All apps list.
- Build has updated the search box in the Apps settings pages to improve performance.
- They fixed Magnifier not following the cursor in the previous build when the zoom was higher than 100%.
- Windows 10 Build 20180 fixed Task Manager was not showing the Publisher name for UWP apps.
- The build solved when Pinyin IME where tapping “/” on the keyboard should not produce the right character when using full width mode.
- The update fixed a couple of issues switching browser tab using Alt+Tab crashes.
- Developers are trying to solve Store games protected with Easy Anti-Cheat problem that may fail to open.
- They are investigating reports of the update process that is hanging for more time when installing a build.
- Developers are trying to solve close/min/max buttons get stuck in their original positions after resizing a universal windows platform app. If you move the app window the position should update.
- They are looking into new taskbar change that isn’t working for a few pinned sites.
- They are trying to resolve close all windows action in the taskbar and doesn’t shut all of the open tabs.
- Insider developers are trying to fix to enable live preview for pinned site tabs problem.
- They are trying to enable new taskbar change for pinned sites. However, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, eliminate it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- The experts are working to fix pinned sites that don’t display all open tabs for a domain. You can resolve the same by pinning the site’s homepage instead of a specific page.
- They are working on Alt + Tabbing to a browser tab sometimes moves the earlier running browser tab to the front of the Alt + Tab list as well.
- While launching a WSL 1 distribution can throw an error – The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
You can download Windows 10 Build 20180 from – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced
Updates for developers
Since the Dev channel is constantly updating Software Development Kit you can install the latest Windows 10 Build 20180 SDK from here
Source – Windows Experience blog.